- December 31, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
A grant to support travel agents and tour arrangement service providers who’ve lost income because of COVID-19.
The COVID-19 Consumer Travel Support Program provides a one-off grant to help travel agents and tour arrangement service providers stay viable. This will help them continue to trade and to meet their legal obligations to keep paying refunds and credits to Australian consumers who are unable to travel because of COVID-19.
Who can get it?
You may be eligible if your business had an annual GST turnover of $50,000 to $20 million in the 2019 calendar year.
To be eligible, all of the following must apply. Your business:
- Lodged a 2018-19 income tax return
- Got JobKeeper Payment for any fortnight in October 2020
- Has an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Has an account with an Australian financial institution.
You also need to show your business was operating as a travel agent or tour arrangement service provider before 19 March 2020. Evidence can be either:
- Active incorporation or registration with the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) or another tourism peak industry body
- An eligible ANZSIC code as recorded on your business’ 2018-19 tax return.
If your business had an annual GST turnover of $75,000 or more in the 2019 calendar year it must:
- Be registered for GST
- Have lodged all required Business Activity Statements (BAS) in that year.
If you’re not registered for the GST, you must make a declaration in your claim that your business turnover was between $50,000 and $75,000 in the 2019 calendar year.
You’re not eligible for the grant if your annual turnover for the 2019 calendar year is less than $50,000 or more than $20 million.